In this Website Privacy Statement (“Statement”), we, HUGO BOSS Fashions, Inc., 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001 (hereinafter referred to as "HUGO BOSS”, “we”, “us” or “our”), describe what personal information we collect through those web pages at http://store-us.hugoboss.com that we control and on which we display a direct link to this Statement and through our mobile apps (collectively, the “Site”) and how we collect and use such data.
This Statement covers only data collected through the Site, in our company owned stores in the United States and i n any instance w here we specifically reference this policy. It does not apply to any other data including, without limitation, data that we collect through other web pages at www.hugoboss- store.com, or data that others collect on websites that are linked or linking to the Site.
3 Types of Data HUGO BOSS Collects, Collection Methods, and Collection Purposes
Through the Site, we receive and collect data that you actively submit as well as data that we passively track:
Actively Submitted Data: When you purchase products through our Site, sign up for a newsletter, participate in promotions, connect to or interact with the Site on or through a social network (e.g., Facebook, Google+, or Twitter), submit comments, reviews, or other user generated content, communicate with customer support representatives, or otherwise actively send us data, you are providing, and we collect, data such as your name, email address(es), billing address(es), delivery address(es), telephone number(s), social networking information, and credit card information. In each such instance, you will know what data we collect through the Site, because you actively submit it. We collect actively submitted data primarily for the purpose for which you originally sent us the data (for example, to sell and deliver products). We may also use this data internally as research data to improve our products and services, and for purposes of advertising, promoting, and informing you about products, services, initiatives, and events; you can opt out of receiving marketing emails as explained below.
Combinations: We may combine passively tracked data with data that you actively submit and similar non-personal information that we receive from third party advertisers. We use this information, in part, to provide better service to Site visitors, customize the Site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, to otherwise administer and improve the Site for your use, and to personalize offers (for example, combined information may allow us to recommend products to you based on what you have liked in the past).
4 Disclosure of Personal Information
We may sell, trade, or otherwise share your information with third parties for any reason. Without limiting the foregoing, we may also share your personal information with others as follows:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates including, without limitation, HUGO BOSS AG in Germany, so, among other things, that you may be informed of other products and/or services that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers. We also grant access to your information to affiliated and unaffiliated service providers and third parties that process or maintain data on our behalf, such as freight forwarders, carriers, technology service providers, social networks, and such individuals or companies that conduct, manage or otherwise handle our marketing and promotional campaigns. Such third parties are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and may access and use your personally identifiable information only in accordance with our instructions and not for their own purposes.
- Third Party Communications. From time to time, we may share personal information with third parties to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer that we do not share personal information about you with such third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving e-mails from us in accordance with Section 8, below.
- E-mails to Friends. Please note that any personal information you provide in connection with sending messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site, such as your name and your e- mail address, will be disclosed to your friend.
- Promotions. We may share the personal information you provide in connection with promotions with third-party sponsors of such promotions (irrespective of whether such promotions are hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to the particular promotion. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each promotion in which you participate through the Site, as they may contain additional important information about a sponsor's or other third parties' use of personal information about you. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of personal information conflict with this Privacy Statement, the terms and conditions of such rules will control.
- Information Posted by Visitors. We may make available through the Site certain services (for example, message boards, chat functionality and blogs, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you disclose through such services or otherwise on the Site becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain information, such as your user name, will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose personal information, or any other information, on the Site. We may disclose, distribute, and redistribute any information and materials that you post on the Site to social media and other cross promotional channels, to the extent per mitted by law. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITE.
- Corporate Transactions. Finally, we may share or transfer your information in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business.
HUGO BOSS uses selected advertising partners to serve relevant ads on this Site and third party Internet sites. HUGO BOSS does not provide any personal information to these advertising partners to allow them to use such data on their own behalf. These advertising partners may, however, place their own cookies on your browser. You can choose not to allow advertising partners to use their cookies to serve you ads on third party Internet sites. In addition, third-party advertisers may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Our advertising partner is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative. You can opt-out of ad targeting from NAI member companies in a single location. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click http://networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. This Privacy Statement does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, third-party advertisers. Please consult the respective privacy policies of such advertisers for more information.
Access and Correction
Please keep your personally identifiable information, accurate, current, and complete by routinely updating your user profile or by contacting us as specified below.
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. But, you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Sites may not be secure.
Opt-Out, Communication Preferences
You may modify your communication preferences and/or opt-out from specific communications at any time by (1) choosing the unsubscribe option in the e-mail, or (2) Click here Click here to adjust your privacy/communications settings. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove PII about you from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared PII as of the date that we implement your opt-out request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from third parties, please contact such third parties directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
Effective Date, Amendments
Links to Other Web Sites
This Site contains links and references to other web pages to which this Privacy Statement does not apply. We encourage you to read the privacy statement or policy of every web page you visit.
Contact Us (regarding California Privacy Rights or other topics)
Please feel free to contact us with any comments, questions, complaints or suggestions you might have regarding the information practices described in this Statement as follows.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits HUGO BOSS customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
HUGO BOSS FASHIONS, INC.
601 West 26th St, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10001
The present Privacy Statement can be downloaded as PDF.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We value your preferences and give you certain choices about the information you share with us. At this time, the Site does not respond to "do not track" signals or similar mechanisms. For more information about how you can opt-out from certain communication activities, please review Section 8 of this Privacy Statement. Additionally, as described in Section 5, you can opt-out of ad targeting from NAI member companies by visiting http://networkadvertising.org/managi ng/opt_out.aspa>.
The HUGO BOSS Online Store has been optimized for a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 px. You will also need a recent version of a browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, Safari or Opera. To enjoy the full range of features offered by the Online Store, you will also need a recent version of the Flash Player plug-in (version 9 or higher).
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.